Sunday 25 October 2015

Easy Salmon Fish Cake


I love preparing my son’s meals and snacks! I love spending time in the kitchen and really enjoy preparing my family’s meals. I make sure that my son gets to eat different types of meats and veggies per week to make sure he gets the proper nutrition his growing body needs.

My son is a very active toddler and in order to make sure that he gets all the calories he needs for the day, I offer him 3 meals and 2-3 snacks throughout the day. There are days when he can finish all the food I prepare for him with such gusto. However, there are “bad days” where he is not really interested in eating!

It can get quite frustrating for Moms who prepare food from scratch, only for it to end up getting binned. How much more for working Moms like me!? The answer to that is to make use of the oven and freezer!

I love preparing muffin-styled food for my son because it is easy and I only needed to make use of a 12 pieces muffin pan. It is very easy to come up with different flavors and tastes! I make at least 6 muffins of anything and keep 3 in the fridge. The remaining 3 pieces will be stored in the freezer for future use.

Since being quite busy with work and I realized it’s been a while since my son had fish, I decided to make him a salmon fish cake. Unlike the typical fish cake where frying is involved, I used my muffin pan so I just pop it in the oven and wait for 20 minutes.



Salmon Fish Cake
Salmon Fish Cake. I know my photo is horrible!

Recipe (makes 6 muffins/fish cake):


1 small fillet of salmon, cut into strips

1 sweet potato, roasted and cut into chunks
¼ sweet yellow bell pepper, roasted and cut into chunks
Black pepper to season
2 eggs
3 tbsp self-raising flour
Oil for brushing

Steps:
1. Preheat the oven to 170C.
2. Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl, except for the oil.
3. Once mixed, brush the muffin pan with a bit of oil to prevent the muffins from sticking.
4. Scoop the salmon mixture and place inside the muffin pan. Do not fill up to the brim. Leave a bit of space, maybe about 1cm.
5. Place inside the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
6. Serve warm and enjoy!

Note: Here are the ingredients/items I used to create this recipe:


No comments:

Post a Comment