Thursday 12 November 2015

Quick Toddler's Chow Mien!



I love preparing for my son’s meals. Especially now that he is over a year old, I can easily give and share “our food” to him with very minimal alteration from the recipe I use. I still watch out for the salt and sugar. If I make his meals, I don’t add any salt or sugar to it. But if it is store-bought, I try to find something that has a very minimal amount of salt/sugar in it.


One of my son’s favorite snacks is noodles. I am not sure why, probably he liked the idea of eating something long. He has this funny habit of getting a single strand from his plate using his pincers and put the strand inside his mouth. He will gradually slurp it while saying “mmm mmm”. LOL! Kids! They are so easy to please (sometimes!).


I made some chow mien for myself and my husband the other night so I separated some of the veggies to cook for my son’s noodles. I did not put any seasoning to my son’s veggies except for a bit of ground pepper to taste.

My son's favorite chow mien!
Recipe:

1 portion of uncooked egg noodles
a handful of mixed veggies (I used beansprouts, cabbage, and carrot for this) sliced thinly
ground pepper to taste
1 tsp sesame oil

Steps:

1. Boil some water and soak the noodles in it (if using dried noodles)
2. Heat your pan and place the sesame oil
3. Saute the vegetables for about 2 minutes or until it becomes soft
4. Strain the noodles and toss in the same pan with the vegetables
5. Stir fry for another 2 minutes or until the noodles and vegetables are well-cooked
6. Serve warm and enjoy!

Note: These are the ingredients/items I used to create this dish

No comments:

Post a Comment